APU Dual Degree Awards
APU’s partnership with De Montfort University, United Kingdom now enables students to be awarded Dual Awards. Separate degree certificates from each institution will be awarded which enhances the teaching and learning experiences, and will also exponentially expand global career prospects for graduates.
Upon graduation, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts: 1 from APU, Malaysia, and 1 from DMU, UK.
Both degrees are recognized locally & internationally.
The APU-DMU Dual Degree Programmes are offered under an approved collaboration in accordance with the QAA UK Quality Code for Higher Education for the Assurance of Academic Quality and Standards in Higher Education as published by the United Kingdom Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
This builds upon the renowned & reputed degrees that APU has been offering. Students now have an added advantage to pursue their tertiary education at APU, Malaysia with amazing future opportunities and global recognition.
To learn more about Asia Pacific University, Malaysia Click Here
All the Bachelors’s and Master’s Degree program students will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Awards. Students who opt for the Dual Degree Award scheme with De Montfort University, UK, will be required to pay the following additional fees
Bachelor’s Degrees – Additional Fee of GBP 350 per Level.
Master’s Degree – Additional Fee of GBP 475 for the program.
De Montfort University, UK
De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) is a public university in the city of Leicester, England. Established in 1870, DMU is celebrating its 150 years anniversary as of 2020. DMU has approximately 27,000 full and part-time students and 3,240 staff. The university is organized into four faculties: Art, Design, and Humanities (ADH); Business and Law (BAL); Health and Life Sciences (H&LS); and Computing, Engineering, and Media (CEM). DMU is also a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
DMU Global Rankings
- Ranked as top 151–200 in World Young University Rankings 2020, as per THE (Times Higher Education Rankings, UK.
- Ranked as 64 in Impact Rankings 2020, as per THE (Times Higher Education Rankings, UK).
- Ranked in the top 50 universities in the world for sustainability.
- Has 150 years of history in providing higher education to students from around the globe.
- Placed in the top 20 universities for Graduate Prospects in The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020, a measure of how employable DMU students are on leaving university.
- Named the first-ever University of the Year for Social Inclusion in The Sunday Times Good University Guide, earning the award for a commitment to diversity, teaching excellence, and because of the success of DMU students in exams and their graduate job prospects.
- Adds £500m to the UK economy annually, according to a report by independent analysts Regeneris.
- Each year, international students from more than 130 countries choose to study at DMU.
TEF Gold Rank
The Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) is a national exercise, introduced by the Government in England. It assesses excellence in teaching at universities and colleges, and how each higher education provider ensures excellent outcomes for their students.
The UK has a world-class reputation for excellence in higher education. This scheme looks at excellence in addition to the UK’s rigorous quality requirements.
De Montfort University, United Kingdom is recognized as a Gold-rank under the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The award is a recognition of the consistently outstanding teaching and learning on offer at DMU and the extraordinary impact that it has on the students.
This places DMU in a prestigious group of universities in the UK such as the University of Oxford, the University of Cambridge which are also ranked as Gold in Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
You can learn more about the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) here.