The Multimedia University, Malaysia
A comprehensive guide to help you make a better university decision.
As the first private university approved by the Malaysian government, MMU adheres to the strictest requirements for a high-quality degree. A study by Gartner and MSC Malaysia found that MMU is among the top five universities preferred by major ICT players for graduate employment — a testament to the quality of the academicians, curriculum, student development programmes and MMU’s solid reputation with the industries.
About the University
As the first private university approved by the Malaysian government, MMU adheres to the strictest requirements for a high quality degree. A study by Gartner and MSC Malaysia found that MMU is among the top five universities preferred by major ICT players for graduate employment a testament to the quality of its academicians, curriculum, student development programmes and the solid reputation with the industries.
With a history that spans more than two decades in the education sector, Multimedia University has undergone countless changes, yet has always maintained its vision and mission to achieve the highest standards of performance in teaching and in the services it offer students, staff and the community.
Multimedia University (MMU) as an educational institution is committed to achieve higher customer satisfaction in support of its vision by continuously improving an effective quality management system that complies with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and applicable regulatory requirements.
As part of Telekom Malaysia Berhad, one of Malaysia leading government run telecommunication organisations, MMU is at the forefront of research and development. Over the years the university has won major international awards.
- Top 20 among Universities in Malaysia, 2021 as per QS World University Rankings
- Top 10 among Universities in Malaysia, 2021 as per Times Higher Education Rankings
- Awarded the 5-Star Rating in the SETARA 2019 by the Ministry of Higher Education
- Awarded Premier Digital Tech Institution (PDTI) Status since 2017 by Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
From the moment it was conceptualized, MMU was intended to encapsulate the best practices of the best universities across the world. The university recognises the accelerating rate of globalisation in education that has given a focus on global partnership with student mobility as a visible entity of internationalisation.
The landscape of Internationalisation weaves around the global partnership with universities in the many parts of the world and for which the International Relations Office facilitates the student mobility journey together with the stakeholders in pursuit of enriching internationalisation activities. MMU has built strong ties with more than 80 Universities in respect of academic and research collaborations.
As of now, the university has established excellent climate for collaboration in respect of international exchange mobility programme as well as internship and many other areas of mutual cooperation with local and international institutions as our global partners.
Some partners include:
- University of Southern Queensland
- Western Sydney University
- University of South Australia
- University of Queensland
- Deakin University
- Kanagawa University
- Chiba University
- University of Electro Communications
- Kyushu Institute of Technology
- Albstadt-Sigmaringen University
- Offenburg University of Applied Sciences
- Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences
- Hof University of Applied Sciences
- Technical University of Munich
- Würzburg – Schweinfurt University of Applied Sciences
- Schmalkalden University of Applied Sciences
- National University of Singapore
Top 200 QS Asia
QS World University Rankings is an annual publication of university rankings by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
Multimedia University falls within the Top 200 QS Asia University Ranking 2019 due to the holistic education and excellent academic reputation.
34th Best University in Asia
MMU has bagged the rankings as the 34th best university in the ASEAN region and is listed among the top few universities in Malaysia.
This makes MMU one of the leading universities in the region to be honoured.
Students are empowered with the fundamentals of your field of study that also incorporate entrepreneurial skills and expertise which are relevant to your respective industries and job markets.
Students can leverage the Start-up Schemes from the Entrepreneur Development Centre (EDC) which encourages innovation and entrepreneurship ventures and get connected to gain benefits from the state-of the-art labs established by the industry collaboration with ZTE, HUAWEI, Microsoft, Intel and many more.
Outbound Mobility programs
MMU students are given the platform to participate in student mobility programmes that are offered by the partner universities. Duration varies according to the programmes that are offered by partner universities.
Foundation & Diploma Programs
- Foundation in Engineering
- Foundation in Information Technology
- Foundation in Life Science
- Foundation in English
- Foundation in Business
- Foundation in Management
- Foundation in Creative Multimedia
- Foundation in Cinematic Arts
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in 3D Modelling and Animation
- Diploma in Digital Motion Graphic
- Bachelor of Enterprise Management Systems (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Management (Hons)
- Bachelor of Marketing (Hons)
- Bachelor of Finance (Hons)
- Bachelor of Analytical Economics (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) International Business
- Bachelor of Business and Knowledge Management (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Financial Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Accounting (Hons)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Electrical
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Electronics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Electronics majoring in Computer
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Electronics majoring in Nanotechnology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Electronics majoring in Telecommunications
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Electronics majoring in Telecommunications
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Electronics majoring in Robotics and Automation
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Mechanical
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Bioinformatics
- Bachelor of Communication (Strategic Communication) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Information Systems
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) with Specialisations in:
– Software Engineering
– Game Development
– Data Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Data Communications and Networking
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Security Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Media Arts
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Interface Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Advertising Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Animation and Visual Effects
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Virtual Reality
- Bachelor of Cinematic Arts (Hons)
- Master of Philosophy (Management)
- Master of Engineering Science
- Master of Science (Information Technology)
- Master of Science (Creative Multimedia)
- Master of Law
- Master of Engineering (Telecommunications)
- Master of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Business Management
- Master of Engineering in Embedded System
- Master of Engineering in Advanced Manufacturing Management
- Master of Computer Science in Software Engineering & Software Architecture
- Master of Knowledge Management with Multimedia
- Master of Multimedia (E-learning Technologies)
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Information Technology)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Management)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Creative Multimedia)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Laws)
- Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.)
On Campus Accommodation
Application is open to all students; priority will be given to new undergraduates. There are four 5-storey hostel blocks; 250 rooms for each block for twin sharing and triple sharing
• Beds with mattresses (pillow will not be provided)
• Free internet
• Study table and chair
• Common room
• Laundry room
• Common bathroom and washing room
• 24 hours security
• Twin sharing: RM350/monthly/person
• Triple sharing: RM250/month/person
• Deposit of RM400 and pre-payment of RM400.
The deposit will be paid upon registration and the pre-payment will be made each trimester.
Off Campus Accommodation
There are many buildings nearby the Multimedia University campus. So students are free to take private accommodations in the nearby residential areas. We can help you with finding a off-campus accommodation as well.
Multimedia University (MMU) Malaysia has the several intakes scheduled throughout the year. usually intakes start in April, July, September & November. You can find out which intake you can join at depending on the program you are planning to enroll for. Get in touch with us to know about your specific program commencement.
Multimedia University does not charge any application fees.
You can easily apply to Multimedia University (MMU) Malaysia via the online application system here.
MMU Online Application is absolutely free. You will be able to get
- Offer of admission
- Student visa details
- Fee details
- Scholarship details
- Accommodation details
You can apply easily and your application will be handled by a dedicated admissions advisor.
Yes. Multimedia University (MMU) Malaysia offers scholarships for local as well as international students.
For International students, MMU offers up to 50% scholarships, depending on the academic results. Testimonials and Certificates of Achievements will be an added advantage.