University of Southampton
The University of Southampton was invited by the Malaysian Government to establish a branch campus for engineering within the EduCity development in Iskandar, Malaysia, with the campus opening in October 2012.
The University of Southampton has seven campuses, six in the UK and one in Malaysia. In 2016, the first group of students graduated with excellent results from the UK campus, where they obtained 10 First Class and eight Upper Second Class MEng degrees. Since its opening in 2012, the University of Southampton has grown the number and variety of undergraduate programmes on offer and recently added Business, Computer Science and Economics BSc programmes to its portfolio as well as expanding the Foundation Year courses.
The University of Southampton split campus (UK and Malaysia) degree programmes offer the chance to gain a unique ‘Southampton’ education for the first two years in Malaysia combined with the final two years at a world-class research-centred university in the UK. The BSc courses are available to study full-time in Malaysia or transfer to the UK after the first or second year of study. Regardless of whether you study the split campus programmes or study full time in Malaysia, you will graduate with a degree from an internationally recognised university and gain a truly global education experience.
In October 2021, the University of Southampton Malaysia relocated to a brand-new campus located in Eco Galleria, Iskandar Puteri, Johor. The upgraded 150,000 sq. ft. multi-storey campus is built to accommodate up to 2,000 students and features state-of-the-art facilities.
The University of Southampton is recognised as one of the UK’s leading universities. With a global reputation for research and teaching excellence.
University of Southampton’s engineering and business disciplines are highly ranked in the major league table in the United Kingdom and worldwide.
Number of graduates that are in professional employment or further study Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education statistics
- 90% for Accounting and Finance
- 95% for Business Management
The Guardian University Guide, 2022
- Electrical and electronic engineering: 1st
The Complete University Guide 2022
- Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering: 5th
- Computer Science: No. 20 in the UK
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
- Mechanical Engineering: 5th
- 77th in the world and the top UK University in Malaysia by QS World University Rankings 2022.
- Subjects are ranked in the top 100 globally, according to QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021: Electrical & Electronic Engineering (62nd out of 503); Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering (75th out of 500).
- 124th in Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2022 and 16th among UK universities listed.
- 11th in Times Higher Education’s (THE) ‘Golden Age’ universities 2020 – the top 200 institutions founded as universities between 1945 and 1967. Southampton is second among the UK universities featured.
The UK league table rankings
The latest rankings in the three main UK university league tables are:
- 16th in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022.
- 15th in The Complete University Guide 2022, with 18 subject areas in the top 10.
- 17th in The Guardian University Guide 2022, with number one rankings for Civil Engineering and Electrical & Electronic Engineering and a total of seven of the subject areas in the top 10.
- These rankings make us the Top UK University in Malaysia.
A top research institution
The University of Southampton is one of the top 15 research institutions in the UK based on the volume and quality of the research and in the top 10 for research intensity. Over 96 per cent of the research environment is world-leading and internationally excellent. (The Research Excellence Framework 2014)
The University of Southampton is a truly international institution with a global reputation for excellence in leading-edge research. Students from more than 135 different nations study here, and the network of university partnerships spans the globe. Find out more
- Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Finance & Financial Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- Master of Engineering in Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Master of Engineering in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science in Digital Marketing
- Master of Science in Finance
Accommodation for students at Southampton Malaysia is conveniently located close to the campus. EcoNest and EduCity Village are the most popular options for students, with Macrolink Serviced Residence as the latest offering.
- 5-minute walk to the new UoSM campus
- Shuttle bus available
- Approximately between RM900 – RM1,300 – Depending on the choice of room type
- 5-minute drive to our new UoSM campus
- Shuttle bus available
- Approximately between RM500 – RM950 – Depending on the choice of room type
You can see more details on the university accommodation page here
The first step to begin your university admission application is to prepare the following documents:
- School Results
- English Language Certification
You must scan your documents from a proper scanner and ensure all details are clearly visible. Improperly scanned, blurred or cropped documents will not be accepted and will lead to delays or rejections.
Once your documents are ready, you can head over to the application page here and fill up the requested information and upload the documents.
Once the application has been submitted, you will receive an email confirmation to verify your application submission. When the application is verified, it will be placed on a cue and assigned to an admissions advisor for processing.
Click here to read in-depth about how the complete admission process works.